For 2012, there will not be a Collegiate Men's All-Star side, as a result of the elimination of support of the event by USA Rugby.
See Contacts for coaches of the various programs.
MARFU supports the following All-Star programs:
- Womenís Club
- Menís Collegiate
- Womenís Collegiate
- Menís 7s
- Womenís 7s
- Womenís U19
- The term of appointment for All-Star head coaches shall be for three years.
- The term of the head coach ends after the conclusion of the last event of the competition season as recognized by USA Rugby for that specific All-Star program. In the event that USA Rugby does not recognize a competitive season for an All-Star program, the end of the competitive season shall be determined by MARFU.
- The head coach can be dismissed prior to the end of the three year term by majority vote of the MARFU BoD.
- MARFU shall begin accepting requests to coach an All-Star program 30 days after the competitive season ends for the All-Star program.
- The applicant should submit their request to the MARFU Executive Committee.
- The applicant should submit any information that they feel is pertinent to being selected as an All-Star coach. Examples of the type of information submitted can include (but not limited to): coaching certifications, experience, levels of achievement, or awards; All-Star team objectives, goals (short and long term); and references.
- MARFU does not supply a template or cover letter for this application.
- All-Star head coaches shall be appointed by the MARFU Executive Committee.
- MARFU shall attempt to select a head coach within 60 days after the competitive season ends for the All-Star program.
- If after three years, the head coach wants to extend their commitment to MARFU, the coach must resubmit their request to coach the All-Star program.
Coach Roles and Responsibilities
- The head coach is responsible for hiring and releasing any staff member that is necessary to run the team. While the staff members may have different roles in supporting the All-Star team, the head coach is ultimately responsible for staffing the All-Star team.
- The coaches and staff members must be CIPP registered within MARFU.
- End of year budgets shall be submitted by the head coach to the MARFU BoD no later than two weeks prior to the MARFU AGM. Budget information should include any contributions, training support, equipment (balls, etc), uniforms, travel (hotel, air, ground), food, drink, medical, referee fees, event fees (tournament fees, etc).
- End of competition season reports shall be submitted by the head coach to the MARFU BoD no later than two weeks after the competitive season ends for the All-Star program.