Collegiate Playoffs - First Round Site Field Cancellations in the Event of Adverse Weather
For the sake of this policy,
"Team A" is the team originally scheduled to host
"Team B" is the team originally scheduled to travel
"Unable to host" means something official, in writing or email, from the school's administration.
If the original home field is cancelled (for any reason), the home team shall make any/all effort to secure a suitable field no further than 30 miles in additional travel distance from the original venue for the away team.
If a field to be used for a first round (round of 8) MARFU Collegiate Championship match is declared
unusable due to field conditions, the following options will be exercised, in this order of execution:
1) If the (home) Team A is unable to host on Saturday, then the match will be moved to the home field of Team B.
2) If Team B is unable to host on Saturday, the game is moved to the immediately following Sunday, and is held at the home field of Team A.
3) If Team A is unable to host on Sunday, the match is moved to the home field of Team B.
4) If Team B is unable to host on Sunday, the match will be moved to a time and date agreeable to both teams, to be played prior to the Saturday of the Final Four matches, and only if a certified, local or territorial appointed referee is available for that time, date and venue.
5) If the above four options fail, the playoff match will be held on the morning of and at the venue
of the Final Four matches, prior to the Final Four matches.
Therefore, teams will not be forced to travel during the week, but if two teams are close enough, and a referee is found, then they can play the match without being forced to play two matches on the semi-finals weekend.